ECU’s Business and Innovation Centre (ECUBIC) is Western Australia’s premier purpose-built business facility, providing flexible low-cost accommodation, services and management support for new and small businesses.
The Centre was established in 2003 following the receipt of grant funding from the Commonwealth Department of Employment, Workplace Relations and Small Business as part of their Business Incubator program. The City of Joondalup and Lotterywest also provided additional funding, while ECU provided the land and a significant financial contribution.
Since 2005 the Centre has been one of the most successful business incubators in Western Australia and was extended adding almost 200m2 of additional office space in 2011.
Besides office space, ECUBIC also hosts seminars, workshops and networking events. To receive information on future events, register your details with us via the contact page.
- the operation of an incubator for small business, research and commercial innovation activities that is financially self-sustaining and operates at maximum capacity;
- the provision of accommodation and services for business incubation and new commercial research ventures;
- the provision of workplace opportunities where ECU students are engaged or employed;
- the creation of employment within the Cities of Stirling, Joondalup and Wanneroo; and
- to regularly review its operations to meet contemporary needs of small business incubation, research and commercial innovation activities.
The ECUBIC provides the following services for home-based businesses at affordable rates:
- fully-equipped training room including audio visual equipment;
- professional, furnished office suites for short-term hire;
- secretarial services;
- the “Office Suites” membership program; and
- use of a range of office equipment including fax, A3 colour laser printer, and photocopier.
To assist in the formation and development of new and sustainable small businesses through the provision of business centre facilities and ancillary services in the Cities of Joondalup and Wanneroo.